hippigirl

Fun loving hippigirl, I enjoy country living, flea markets,reading , motocycles, woodworking ,puppies , family, Full moons .I'm 41 yrs old and almost a grandma.I am married to a great guy who lets me be me.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

My Lonewolf

Well I'm finally sitting down long enough to write about something other than the weather. My Lone wolf and how he came into my life.
First alittle background.I am 41yrs old and have been single most my life, my longest relationship lasted 3yrs and that was when I married my youngest son father the marriage it's self only lasted 11mths. That was 18yrs ago.For the most part I loved being single I could do what I wanted when I wanted and didn't answer to anyone. I really liked the new dating thing when people are being really nice to each other and there is no work invovled.It was all about about animal attraction and sex. I had my lonely times but I could always find a distraction (I had lots of distractions).
Anyhow I was living in my own little self invovled world as a bartender in a local pub and a groundskeeper at a quiet little campground .Which filled my needs as introverted extrovert.I could go to work and be the life of the party then go home and be antisocial and not deal with people again till I wanted to. It was perfect.But I always had my family in the background saying " Sam why don't find a good man and settle down. Your not getting any younger." My answer being "Have you seen whats out there in the single world."And I would also explain, when the right one comes along I'll know him. See I'm am still one of those romantics that believes in love at first sight and soulmates and all that mushy stuff.And I also believe when your looking for love it's hard to find so I went along my merry way really going nowhere but content.
Until June 28th 2004 When my lone wolf rode up to the bar and walked into my life.He was tall and lean and spoke in a deep sexy voice.He was also very nice and we talked on and off through the night I noticed he didn't drink to much and carried his self in a confident manner. It was refreshing to meet someone I could talk to. He was telling me about some of his friend that he rode with and I asked him to take me for a ride some time . The next day he left me a text message "Hi sweets just thinking of your sweet smile"and I felt a little flutter in my heart. The next day he called and asked me if I wanted to go for a ride with another couple the following Sun. and watch the fireworks. And so this was to be the beginning of this lovely ride with the love of my life.
He shared with me the stories of his life and I with mine. I even shared some of the not so pretty times which I didn't share with anyone .I didn't want to look bad , But to Allen it didn't matter because the way he looked at me I didn't think I could ever look bad. He told me that he wasn't always a nice guy but he made a decision to become a better person 4 years earlier and it wasn't easy he didn't date went back to school took care of his dying father and changed his life. I knew right away I was in love and so did he.He told me later the first time I got on his bike while we were riding I touched the back of his neck that I touched his soul, that was when he knew .I felt it too. But I really knew when later in the week he took me out to eat and in the middle of dinner he asked for my mothers phone number. He called her up and introduces himself as the man in love with her daughter and thanked her for making me.I was definently a gonner.
So as the story goes we had our first date the 7-4-04 and were married 10-16-04 we sold the house up in Iowa and moved down here to mo. To start our new life together .
He tells me that I am his reward changing his life and becoming a better person. And he is my reward for never giving up my belief that true love comes for those who wait and there is love at first sight and I wasn't a goober for being such a romantic.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Meg said…

    Oh, Sam...that is just the coolest story. I love it when our romantic notions don't let us down.

    And I'm so happy for you. We both seem to have found our wolves. :)

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Hippie girl said…

    Yea it's great I am just glad I didn't have to wait until I was 70 to get it!
    I am truely Blessed And I am finally learning that I deserve it. OMG I think I'm learning something there is hope for me after all. Mom would be so proud. Bye Cuz

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger Addict said…

    That is the sweetest "how we met" story I have ever heard!!! I agree, when it's right, it's right and you really know. I am so happy that you've found each other, some things are really worth the wait :)

     
  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger MomThatsNuts said…

    what a romantic story! I met the evil troll king in band in the 6th grade....he had braces and was bald ( his father had this crew cut thing going I dont know) anyhow, I knew that someday I would marry him, and in Nov we have 20 years under our belts...20 blistering years.....lol
    Mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home