hippigirl

Fun loving hippigirl, I enjoy country living, flea markets,reading , motocycles, woodworking ,puppies , family, Full moons .I'm 41 yrs old and almost a grandma.I am married to a great guy who lets me be me.

Friday, August 12, 2005

TGIF

I am so glad this week is over!!! I'm not use to working everyday.And like I said in a previous post my coworkers have been wearing me out . I've been playing diplomat all week. People can really let the little thing get to them. I know my day will come but it's only a job.At this point in my life I don't let my job run my life . Oh well anyhow I hope I don't get like that.If I start bitchin' about work to much SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!!!!!!!!
I'm still planning my trip we are leaving here Tuesday morning and staying in the Dallas area Tuesday night.then going on to Portland wed just can't wait. I want to hold that grandbaby of mine!!!!And kiss my baby's face.And thank my daughter inlaw for bringing Christian into our lives.
I am really tired but I'm going to leave you all with another poem.I wrote this for my Grandmother. This poem is untitled.

We enter this world so small and frail and helpless.
Totally unaware of what's beyond our limited sight.
Knowing only we're hungry , lonely and scared.
Our lives placed into the hands of someone we hardly know.
But thru the warmth of their touch their love they show.

And so our life's journey begins with all it's twists and turns.
Filled with all our hopes and dreams we wander through this life.
And as we slow towards the end and come around the final bend.
We find that we have returned to were it all began.

We exit this world so small and frail and helpless.
Totally unaware of what's beyond our limited sight.
Knowing only we're hungry lonely and scared.
Our lives placed into the hands of someone we hardly know.
But thru the warmth of their touch their love they show.

I never gave this to my Grandma I don't think I ever will. I don't know why I felt like sharing this tonight but I did.Maybe it's one new life beginning and another old life will soon be ending . Who knows like I said I'm sleepy I think it's time for bed . Nite-nite.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger That dude Paul said…

    Hi,
    Found you via Momthatsnuts. Thank you for sharing the awesome poem. I read it while listening to Sweet madam blue from STYX. WOW! what a trip. Again, thank you...
    Peace,

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger FC said…

    Awsome Poem hun!!.. My hubby's folks thank me all the time for bringing them their grandchild and giving them the time they "need" with her..They act like Im some sort of blessing to bring the only grandchild into their lives.. Little do they know.. whata blessing they are to my life.. Maybe I should tell them more often too. .. Love ya Sandi!

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger MomThatsNuts said…

    wow sam! Beautiful poem!!! You should give it to your grandmother. Maybe even have it read at her funeral. Working in hospice, I think about funerals way too much I suppose. You will have so much fun with that GRAND baby....lots of pictures please, and God Bless you on your trip!! Be safe and have a GOOD time...
    OH and work?? Piss on 'em...lol

    mom

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger sandegaye said…

    That is an absolutely beautiful poem & should be published!
    It speaks so much for so many..

    My 1st grandson is named Christian as well. I hope you have a fantastic visit!! Remember to take lots of pictures.. that little guy has over 500 aunties out here!

     
  • At 10:22 PM, Blogger dc said…

    Safe trip, hug your mamma for me, Still can't believe Chris is a daddy. Beautiful poem, I think the grandma would like it. dc

     

Post a Comment

<< Home