hippigirl

Fun loving hippigirl, I enjoy country living, flea markets,reading , motocycles, woodworking ,puppies , family, Full moons .I'm 41 yrs old and almost a grandma.I am married to a great guy who lets me be me.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Today I have have something on my mind or as the case may be nothing on my mind.I've been reading others blogs and I find myself having to look up words in the dictionary. It's good that I'm doing that but it is also making me feel kinda stupid. I am really realizing how much I missed out on by not getting an education.I dropped out of school when I was 12 or 13 yrs old and I decided I wanted to be a grown up and do my own thing. I hitchhiked across the country and had a blast I always thought I got an education of a different sort, something they didn't teach you in school. I learned a lot about people and life .
At 16 I got pregnant and moved back to Mo. to be closer to my family and had a beautiful boy.And 16 mths later I had pretty little girl (whom I gave up ,that's another story) anyhow, I supported myself and my kids (I had another child a few years later) in many different manners.At the time I thought I was doing the best that I could with what I had .I made good money and lived a wild lifestyle and still raised some wonderful children. All this with not too many regrets or so I told myself.
Now my crazy lifestyle has caught up with me.I know I'm smart I wouldn't have made this far if I wasn't. And I know all my life experiences both good and bad have made me who I am today.A woman with a good sense of humor ,a good friend, mother and wife. Someone to count on when the chips are down and someone who is passionate and kind.But uneducated.
So here I am now , sitting in front of my computer,trying to stumble thru this Real estate course and having a hard time. Math is killing me .I am really having a hard time with it . So what do I do ? I keep avoiding it. Every day I find excuses to not work on my math.I am running out of excuses. So I guess I'm writing this to kick myself in the ass so I'll do something about it.I have made it through a lot worst things than math. I know I can make it through this. I know what I want now and that is to become a better educated person.
Now it's time to stimulate those unused braincells and get them to kick into gear.Thanks for your support.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger Addict said…

    Oh Sam!!!
    If ever our family had a theme, it would be "its never too late"...
    I am proud of you that you are going for every kind of education, the one you got when you were younger is the one most people unfortunatly miss. You are not only smart, but you are too smart to not continue to improve!
    Hang in there, if anyone can pull this off... YOU CAN!!!

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger Hippie girl said…

    Thanks cuz that means alot to me.

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger MomThatsNuts said…

    HIYA~~ Thanks for stopping by my blog and offering support for me, so I am here to tell you a little story: My mother dropped out of school when she was in 8th grade. She started having babies at 17 (me!!) then went on to marry twice and have 6 more babies, yes there are 7 of us!!! anyhow when I was a senior in high school she got her GED..then went to college and got her RN. She got a job as a director of nursing and was making 120k a year. YOU CAN DO THIS...I just took math 092 (if you look at my blog archives you will see how frustrating it was) I ended up having to withdraw because I wasnt passing it...but I will try again and again until I get it, and you will be GREAT ...I appriciate you and Emily stopping by and offering support! Life sucks sometimes huh?
    you will be great!! Keep trying, dont give up~~
    Mom

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger Meg said…

    *hugging Sam*

    Uneducated isn't a horror, sweetie. It just means you actually went out and lived when some were avoiding responsibility by staying in school. Or that's how I look at it. :)

    And math is such a mutha'! I hate it and it is the reason I didn't keep going to school for what I really wanted to do (at least when I was young)...be a vet. Em must have gotten our math genes since she had to be able to do it to get through nursing school.

    I mean really...isn't that why they created calculators?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home