hippigirl

Fun loving hippigirl, I enjoy country living, flea markets,reading , motocycles, woodworking ,puppies , family, Full moons .I'm 41 yrs old and almost a grandma.I am married to a great guy who lets me be me.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Words I live by......



Think deeply, speak gently,
Love much, laugh often,
Work hard, give freely,
and be kind.

I really love this saying.I've been trying to live my life this way.I'm about half way there. I don't always think deeply , I kind of go off the top of my head, so I need to slow down and think. I don't always speak gently it kind of goes with the thinking thing it needs improvement .I've always been a little loud and bosteroius and full of life (or something).I fully live the rest of this saying.I love the simplicity of it.
Lately, I haven't been in the mood to write. Actually I haven't been in the mood for much.I've been busy with family stuff . But my creativity and energy has been low. I don't know what's up with that.So once again it's time for me to slow down and recharge and keep it simple. Maybe I'll spend a quiet day at home and make my list of the things that are important to me and take it from there.
Has anyone else been feeling this way? Kind of drained? If so what are some of the things you do to fill yourself up. Thanks for sharing and thanks for listening.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger sandegaye said…

    I think we all live our life thru cycles; the highs, lows & in betweens. I think you're doing just the right thing, slowing down to the speed of life.. enjoying your family, & journaling about things to be grateful for. When we learn that we're happy w/ what we have, we suddenly have what we want!
    I read a book once that said we should list the 101 things we want to do before we die. The list usually starts out very 'consumer-ish'.. I want a new car, new house, vacations, new clothes.. than about 1/2 way thru it becomes more 'giving'.. I want health for my family, schooling for my grandkids, etc. By the end of the list.. you've gone thru all the material & close family things. You find your circle widening, like the waves around a thrown pebble.. you're including the world, all of humanity.. peace, joy, understanding, trust.. it all comes down to 'love'.

    You are blessed.

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger dc said…

    Hey maybe it is the heat too. That always seems to sap the energy. I agree on the slow down thing. We are in such a fast world right now really scarry. Too much of everything and too much to be doing. Like you said keep it simple. Oh, BTW did you feel like responding to my interview? Now go to the creek and float. Love dc

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger Avery's mom said…

    your creativity and energy is low?
    but youre doing exactly what you need to be doing...you are enjoying life and stepping away from the canvas to take it all in.

    the list Sandegaye mentioned made me laugh at myself...everytime I see a shooting star or blow out candles I just make a wish that peace and love will be known worldwide..I guess I need to be using those wishes for myself

     
  • At 7:15 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    I think you are doing just fine.. just be easy w/ YOURSELF.. slow down,, enjoy being a grandma,, nuture, dance w/ nature, sleep late, go to bed late, get up in the middle of the night and watch the moon, just do whatever you want sweets. Just follow your own rythym... thanks for being so sweet to me :)

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger MomThatsNuts said…

    Yes Sam, Been there done that many times. When I need rejuvinating, or when I am feeling like life has sucked the core out of me, I drive WEST for about 5 hours and sit on a beach. Something about the power in the ocean, its like I take the power and fill my soul back up. I generally take about 2 trips a year, depending on the troll~ings. By that I mean what they have thrown at me along the way. This year I have already HAD 2 trips...and am in desperate need of another one VERY SOON...

    dadgum troll~ings....

    Mom

     
  • At 5:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Do not fear my dear...Opie is here...now your high energy level will reappear!

    Hope you feel better soon Shuger..GOD Bless~

    Op~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home