hippigirl

Fun loving hippigirl, I enjoy country living, flea markets,reading , motocycles, woodworking ,puppies , family, Full moons .I'm 41 yrs old and almost a grandma.I am married to a great guy who lets me be me.

Friday, October 28, 2005

I almost feel human again

Went back to work thurs. and fri. I got to talk to real people and do real work stuff. It was very refreshing. Don't get me wrong I've had my Aunt to talk to and my husband.But I use to be a very social person. So I've decided to start a crafters group. We are going to be called "The Crafty Ladies"We will take turns hosting and the host will present the project of the month . I think it will be a fun way to learn new things. And Like I always say "It will keep me off the streets"I love doing crafts and stuff but I think it will be more fun to do it with others. I make walking sticks and canes. I pick up sticks out in the woods and carve and sand and carve and sand and sometimes it even turns out to look like something cool.
I'm open to suggestions for projects.New ideas. Send them my way.
Tomorrow I 'll be hanging by myself so I think I'm going to gather walnuts.maybe ride the lawnmower down to the creek.
see what kind of trouble I can stir up. I'll fill you all in on all the dirty details tomorrow. Later !!

7 Comments:

  • At 12:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm glad to here you're up and feeling like doing something..that's a good sign...I think all you ladies should get together and sew hand made quilts..something that is almost lost these days .. and they are so pretty..I love a hand made quilt. I remember when I was young my mother, grandmothers, and other in the community would get together and do this. Truely a work of art...labor of love...and it'll keep your butt warm in the winter.

    Have a great weekend Hippigirl
    Keep up your strength.
    Take care.
    GOD Bless you and your family.
    (keep an eye on Marge)
    ~Op~

     
  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger Meg said…

    Your life sounds so FUN!! :)

    I know you must really be alot like me. You sounds like it anyway. Social and mischievious. LOL!

    Glad you're up and around and feeling like trouble.

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger sandegaye said…

    Oh man, I wish I lived closer to you. Not that I have a crafty bone in my body, but I'd love to learn how to do some things!
    Are you kidding?? Do you really make walking sticks, because I've started collecting them since we moved to TN!
    I love the ones w/ 'faces' carved into them.
    Do you know what I'd love? To have a walking stick made w/ mine & hubby's wedding date carved into it.. do you think you could do something like that? I think personalizing them w/ names, etc.. could be a good selling item, don't you think? People could commission your work w/ the personalization.
    OK, then the next stick I want should have 'SpiritWorks' on it..
    Girlfriend, I think we just started a new business venture! ;o)
    Email me.. we need to talk about this..

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger Pirate said…

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am glad to hear you liked it. Thanks. An idea for your sticks may be to put them on your blog. You may be able to sell some that way and I am always looking for cool stuff to buy.

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    and we all know Pirate has alot of money..he may buy one of each...just put a GOP stamp on each.

    Glad you're doing ok..GOD's speed my dear.

    Op~

     
  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger Kim said…

    I love crafting, have fun with your new group!

     
  • At 5:55 AM, Blogger MomThatsNuts said…

    Hey Girl! Glad things are looking UP!! Im hanging by myself today too...gonna clean my room, its a DISASTER you wouldnt believe it...also get the car washed, have a latte....mmmmmmm

    crafts..I am the most UN crafy person alive, but if you do a crochet project will you send me the pattern? Im looking for something new to start!!! thanks!
    Mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home