hippigirl

Fun loving hippigirl, I enjoy country living, flea markets,reading , motocycles, woodworking ,puppies , family, Full moons .I'm 41 yrs old and almost a grandma.I am married to a great guy who lets me be me.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Momma's Boy...

Yesterday I watched my babyboy graduate.He spent the last 4yrs at a catholic boys school. Of course I cried before during and after I'm such a boob.I watched an array of emotions run through my son and my heart went out to him. Bittersweet was the feeling he shared with me.He's finally out of there but it has also been a haven for him and now he's moving on into the unknown. The land of grown ups.And in many ways I want to shelter him from all that. And yet I can't. All I can do is keep loving him and let him know he will always be my baby boy no matter what kind of man he grows ups to be . And he told me I will always be his mommy.He is such a good person and I'm proud to have him in my life . I am sure life has many wonderful surprises in store for him.
Closing thought: Life is a highway and I hope he can read the caution signs.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Addict said…

    If he can make it through four years of catholic school... he can make it through anything!!! The unknown can be scarey, but in an exciting/growing kind of way. I'm so glad you got to see him graduate (one of mine didn't go to his own graduation, the other got her GED {to spite me, I'm sure})

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger MomThatsNuts said…

    Congrats! What a grand accomplishment to get one graduated! I should have had 2 graduate by now and havent had ONE....I am patiently waiting to have my first graduation, maybe by the time I am 50???

    Mom

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Congratulation to your son..and to you too for getting him that far....thanks for stopping by my blog...

    y'all come now..ya hear...

    Op~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home