hippigirl

Fun loving hippigirl, I enjoy country living, flea markets,reading , motocycles, woodworking ,puppies , family, Full moons .I'm 41 yrs old and almost a grandma.I am married to a great guy who lets me be me.

Monday, May 23, 2005

Changes

Well it finally happened, I went to the Doctor this morning I was having tightness in my chest and tingling down my arms felt kinda dizzy and light headed. Guess what the Doctor said? I'm going through "The change".Great ! What exatly am I going to change into? It was good to know that I wasn't having a heart attack or anything but I just don't know what to think about all this other stuff.They ran some test on me and I'll find out more later.But I can't be getting older I'm too young! I took a test the other day " If you were a cartoon character who would you be " I was Peter Pan.I'm the one still doing cartwheels with my nieces and nephew.I still like eating my dessert first. I still rebel against authority and I like dressing my dog up in little baby cloths. I guess I have some issues to deal with.
Well I'm going to play dressup and make popsicles and do my homework I'll have to think about this more later.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Addict said…

    Hey Sam... get a second opinion OK?
    I've seen alot of stuff "change" but those aren't common symptoms, it seems that once you turn 40, if a doc's doesn't know why you're having those symptoms, they blame "the change" rather than digging deeper. Hopefully they did some hormone testing and that will tell if you're "changing", if they're normal... get the opinion of another doc, if they didn't do hormone testing, insist that they do.
    Heart (I'm not saying it's heart stuff at all, it probably isn't) problems are frequently mis-diagnosed in women our age.

    Also talk to aunt D... tho she works with men, she is still actively nursing and has great experience... and probably has done some complete "changing" herself

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger MomThatsNuts said…

    hey sam.....Im 41 I dont think I am going through the change yet, I havent had any of those symptoms, but Emily is right, once you hit the big 40 the doctors wont even look for anything else... guess maybe my "hor's" are still "moning"
    LOL
    hang in there

    Mom

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Hippie girl said…

    Thanks girls, I did have blood work done and I'll find out tomorrow. It seems like the likly thing they took out the babyfactory and put in a playground 20yrs ago so...My doctor is encouraging herbal remedies if I want to try them first then we would go on to hormone replacement next I trust my doctor SHE is young but good and really takes time to talk things over with me.

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger Meg said…

    I'm glad you have a good doctor you trust and if she's recommending herbal remedies first, she can't be all bad. I'm 47 and still haven't "changed" even though they said since I had a hysterectomy, it would come early.

    Whatever it is, I hope it's easily treated and you'll keep us posted.

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger Addict said…

    Check out Aunt D
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/Karmictruths/
    She has some advise too, and she's been there, done that...

     
  • At 2:19 AM, Blogger Addict said…

    Hey there!!!
    This is how I download pictures to my Blog: http://www.picasa.com/features/features-share.php
    The download is free, go play there, and let me know if you have any questions... It can post any picture that is saved to your computer as a JPEG... I either scan pictures in or I download them from my digital camera (both are usually JPEGS)

    also, in you dashboard you will find a tab marked template, there you will find the html code that "writes" your blog. If you scroll down most of the way you will find a code for your sidebar, look for the link to google news. You can delete everything that looks like a web address between the set of " " and add a new web address as a link (be sure to include the http:// part), where the actual word Google News is, you can delete those words type in a new name for the link...
    You can't mess this up because you can preview it (look at the very bottom of the page) and test the new link by pressing the preview button. If it doesn't work the first time, there is a button at the very bottom that says cancel changes and all goes back to the way it was originally, so no harm done. I messed with it for an hour or so, then got the hang of it pretty quick.... so if you want to go in and tinker, do pictures or create links, it is pretty fool proof (just the way I need things)
    Love ya!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home