hippigirl

Fun loving hippigirl, I enjoy country living, flea markets,reading , motocycles, woodworking ,puppies , family, Full moons .I'm 41 yrs old and almost a grandma.I am married to a great guy who lets me be me.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Sunday night-Cool breeze

Ahhhhh ! It's finally cooled off there is a nice breeze, the fireflies are out and the moon is fairly close to being full.
I just got done pickin' green beans I love them raw fresh out of the garden.I love the smell of dirt. I could get by without the mosquitos.
Today was a lazy hot day. I waited till this evening to do my outdoor chores.I really wish we'd get some rain.
As I was gathering up my things and getting ready to come in the house I remembered a song we used to sing in a round it was from a womans gathering years ago.

When the day is over and all the work is done
we'll fly away home
when the day is over and all the work is done
we'll fly away home
fly away home to dreamland
fly away home
fly away home to dreamland
fly away home

It sounds very pretty with many women singing. It was a comforting moment remembering the joy I shared.I was about 28 years old when I found a group that celebrated being a woman . They taught me how to trust , how to be a sister and a friend. They showed me many things , the one greatest thing of all they showed me was ME. I got to look inside and there I found a beautiful child with big brown eyes and joyful smile. She told me it was ok to play and laugh and sing and dance and run around in circles till I was dizzy.Today I allow my child space to be free and to grow.
So now I am going to sing her my lullaby and tuck her in bed so she can dream..........

4 Comments:

  • At 12:25 AM, Blogger MomThatsNuts said…

    You all are brave to go looking for your little girls! I have discovered over the last couple years that MY little girl is a wreck!! So, she is gonna just stay put away until I can deal with her. NOT TODAY....today the BIG GIRL is dealing with her baby boy growing up and she doesnt wanna...

    Mom

     
  • At 7:20 AM, Blogger sandegaye said…

    Beautiful thoughts, Hippigirl. These are the types of nurturing retreats for women that I have planned for when we move to TN!
    You'll have to come lead some of them for us..

    Thank you for your kind thoughts on my blog yesterday, btw..
    You're a very special person.

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger Avery's mom said…

    Heather said it best...Wow!
    I'm trying to seperate myself from the little girl or at least know the difference between the girl and the woman. It's weird to be in this type of puberty

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Manic Mom said…

    Amazing. Simply amazing. For once, I am speechless. Wow.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home