hippigirl

Fun loving hippigirl, I enjoy country living, flea markets,reading , motocycles, woodworking ,puppies , family, Full moons .I'm 41 yrs old and almost a grandma.I am married to a great guy who lets me be me.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Good morning

Today is one of those days that the words won't come. Maybe I'm not awake yet.So I'm going to give you my favorite poem from my childhood.

If I can stop one heart from breaking
I shall not live in vain
If I can ease one life from aching
or cool one pain
or help one fainting robin
unto it's nest again
I shall not live in vain.
Emily Dickinson.
I think this says a lot.
Nakutakia siku njma, zenye furaha na kila anina ya matumaini. Have a wonderful and fulfilling day full of joy and happiness. Swahili.I have made a new friend that is sharing his lanuage with me.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger Calvin said…

    hey! Jambo!! Habari yako!! say a big hi to your friend from a fellow Kenyan! :-)

    Asante sana, na ninaomba nyinyi mkaeni salama pia!

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger sandegaye said…

    That Emily.. she did have a way w/ words..
    Thank you for sharing them!

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger Avery's mom said…

    fainting robin....how sweet.
    I really dug the poem

    what are you saying in Swahili?

     
  • At 11:55 PM, Blogger MomThatsNuts said…

    you speak volumes when you have nothing to say....

    Mom

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Calvin said…

    Jambo!! Habari yako?! - Hello!! How are you?!

    Asante sana - thank you very much

    na ninaomba nyinyi mkaeni salama pia! - and i pray that y'all stay well too!

    mail me up on yeahbaby@gmail.com if there's more i can translate for you! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home